Aug 11, 2009

Holding On

The fasting month is around the corner and the time flies really fast that I haven't noticed that it is already August. It's the end of the summer season. Eid will be in September and my convocation is rumoured to be in October or early November. And we've booked the tickets to London after my birthday in November. There goes my schedule for the rest of the year.

Well, I was watching the TV before I started typing this post. The fast-spreading influenza flu is really hitting every headlines in the news these days and I am so afraid to go out from the house even to the nearest 7-eleven store. The virus kills people in a few days and I figure I am still not ready to be diagnosed with the disgusting flu that originated from pigs! I am so relieved to think that I haven't applied any teaching posts in any school because the virus spreads so fast in schools and public places. I feel sorry for the kids and teachers. The government really has to do something...now! You don't have to wait for everyone in the same place to die from the flu before you close it or take any action. Hopefully they know what to do.

I don't really have much to share this time but I found my old pendrive in my old bag that was used during my foundation year and one of my favourite songs are still in there. I remember singing to the song over and over but it didn't really matter as I was super-single and available and I was still a girl who loved to play around and enjoyed partying and outings and stuff. But when I played the song just now, it really made me think about myself. Will I always be there for whoever that needs me around? And will they be there when I need them the most? Well, life is what it is. It can never be perfect but we can always try to make it beautiful and stick together for because sometimes what matters most is to be there when you are needed..

Will I always be there for you?
When you need someone
Will I be that one you need?
Will I do all my best to, to protect you?
When the tears get near your eyes
Will I be the one that's by your side?
Will I be there when you call me in the middle of the night?
Will I keep the rain from falling down into your light?
I promise, I promise I will
Will I take tender tender care of you?
Take your darkest night and make it bright for you
Will I be there to make you strong and to lean on?
When this world has turned so cold
Will I be the one that's there to hold?
And I love you more every day
And nothing will take that love away
When you need someone
I promise I'll be there for you

('I Promise" by Stacie Orrico)

No comments:

Post a Comment