Jun 29, 2009

Far Apart

June is almost over and I just noticed that I haven't updated my blog for over a month! I was pretty busy being an unofficial planner for my boyfriend's brother for his engagement ceremony. They asked me to help them out with the decoration for all the gifts that they were going to give to the bride-to-be which we called hantaran here in Malaysia. It was a pretty busy time for me as I was juggling work and time to be spent with my boyfriend before he starts his semester hundred miles away next month. His family invited me to the engagement ceremony and I had a great time doing all the last-minute touch-ups to the gifts and decorations together with the family. We had a good time going to the beach and spent every minute we had with jokes and conversations and I felt relieved that they are really nice and welcoming. The event went pretty well and our hantaran really stunned everyone in the house, so I guess my friends and family were right when they told me that I should be a wedding planner and start a real business. Well, I'll think about it.


The ring was placed around the bird's head
(That was not the real ring, we were trying it out)


All the five beautifully decorated presents from our side
(From top right: Silk, Chocolate Cake, Fruits and
on the left from top: Tepak sireh and The Engagement Ring)


Oh, I was so freaking happy when my girlfriends called me up to stay at my place so that we could watch a movie together and we were so like 'Spice Girls' going out watching Hannah Montana The Movie in Cineleisure. I drove with a CD of Britney Spears' songs played in my CD player with my girlfriends singing along and we were heading to watch Miley Cyrus in action! We were so happy to be like the stars in Gossip Girl or Crossroads (and I swear my boyfriend will hate me if he saw me with that girly attitude) hahaha..

Well, the movie was really good. Although it was a simple movie with a simple story line, it really inspires and motivates those with hopes and dreams. As for me, it really t
ouched my heart to see how people sacrifice everything they have to achieve something that they are not sure if they can have it, but at least they try and they never give it up until they get what they want. And that thought makes me think about my future plans..which..I can't really describe here..yet.

Before I forget, there were a lot of news breaking up in the media lately and the death of the one and only King of Pop really leaves an impact to the whole world. People all over the universe are mourning about the death and I really do feel sad that he died in shock when the world still needs h
im around. I have always admired his music and dancing since I learned how to read. I love all of his songs and there won't be another Michael Jackson anymore. He will always be there...though far apart..he will always be in our hearts..



No comments:

Post a Comment